Visualize Your Ideal Day
- Have you ever had that feeling of being in the zone?
- Can you visualize yourself being in the zone?
It is common practice among elite athletes to visualize their performance before game-time. Golf legend Jack Nicklaus once said,
“I never hit a shot, not even in practice, without having a very sharp, in-focus picture of it in my mind.”
You can use the same strategy to increase your productivity. First, get clear on what you want to accomplish during the day,
- use theNextStep Strategy of prepping for your day the day before (I do a NextStep Daily task list for each day of the upcoming week every Friday – each day listed independently)
- start the morning with a review of your already prepared list
- take a deep breath, and then . . .
visualize yourself going through the different tasks swiftly and efficiently. How about twice a day to refocus your energies? Once you open your eyes, you will be ready to make your own day a masterful performance.
Start the habit of preparing your NextStep Daily each day — in writing. It is a great tool for planning, and a great tool for measuring your progress and productivity.
Don’t forget that deep breath . . . you will be amazed at how well it works.
. . . and have an Awesome WeekTom Trabue