Harry Truman had it right.
Successful people are avid readers and purveyors of knowledge.
Here are a few of our favorites
Check back often as we are continually adding to the list. Send us a note – we would love to hear about your favorites.
that inspire me
- On my honor I will do my best,
To do my duty to God and my country,
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all time;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
~ The Boy Scout Oath
- “I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.”
~ a very perceptive person
- “The problem is . . . . we have not adequately defined the problem.”
~ Tom Trabue, theNextStep
- “No one can accomplish more than he sets out to accomplish. So visualize a big future.”
~ David Schwartz, “The Magic of Thinking Big”
- "The seeds of tomorrow's brilliance are planted in the soil of today's activities."
~ Todd Henry
- "If you listen well enough, the patients will give their diagnosis, but if you listen long enough, the patients will give the cure."
~ a quote from a Doctor
- "Excellence is the Result of Caring more than others think is Wise, Risking more than others think is Safe, Dreaming more than others think is Practical, and Expecting more than others think is Possible"
~ Ronnie Oldham
“The Art of Non-Conformity”
I was first introduced to Chris Guillebeau back in 2009 or so. He was part way through his quest to visit every country in the world. His book, “The $100 Startup”, gives you permission to make change and create your own future. ‘theNextStep’ (as a company name) was inspired by something that Chris said at a book signing I attended.
“Marc and Angel Hack Life”
This is an uplifting and inspiring personal development blog. From their blog – ‘our goal is to help you think better, feel better, and live better.’ These guys are hitting homeruns.
“The Motivation Manifesto”, by Brendon Burchard
“Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business”, by Gino Wickman
“The 5 Levels of Leadership”, by John C. Maxwell
“The Dream Manager”, by Matthew Kelly
“The Five Dysfunctions of a Team”, by Patrick M. Lencioni
“The Art of Work”, by Jeff Goins
“The One Thing”, Gary Keller and Jay Papasan